Pushing Up Daisies by M.C. Beaton






*NO SPOILERS*


After finishing this book, I realized that I should have never bought it. This was my first time reading a detective novel, and if all of them are like this one, Then I don’t want to read this genre anymore. This book is the 27th in a series, but can be read as a stand-alone. I only bought this book because I had a coupon for a mystery novel from Barnes and Nobel, and the cover was pretty. Soon after I started reading I came to the conclusion that it was an British mystery novel. As I am from the USA, I didn’t understand some of the slang words used. The writing style really bothered me, because the author would switch the POV’s in the middle of a paragraph and nothing really fit together and the story didn’t flow right. It was really annoying trying to figure out who’s point of view it was, and then separating the setting to fit their different situations. This whole book read like a soap-opera with too many side stories to keep up with everything. In addition to all of this, there were so many inappropriate relationships that were disgusting and unnecessary. There were 12 chapters in total that were super long and hard to get through. I was disappointed I didn’t like it, but I never had any expectations for it anyway. If it weren’t for Booktube-A-Thon I would have DNFd this book in the first two chapters.

Booktube-A-Thon review series: 3/7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Road Trip!

Coffee or Tea with books?

I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart