Bookish Pet Peeves

Today I want to share with you some things that really irk my nerves when reading. Some things just get to me in a book, and here are some examples:



Not having chapter numbers- I don’t really have a valid explanation as to why this gets to me, but it does. Sometimes I get motivation to finish a book by calculating how many chapters I have left based on how many chapters there are total. I CAN’T DO THAT WITHOUT CHAPTER NUMBERS!!


Not naming the POV’s- If your book has multiple points of view… PLEASE LABEL THEM. I hate having to figure out whose chapters I’m reading. If you don’t make it insanely obvious, please assume I don’t know who is who, okay?

 

Dog-eared pages- This one is pretty self-explanitory. I like to keep my books very pristine and in tip-top shape, so don’t go around messing up the corners of my pages. Unless you want a very angry Madi Monster on your hands 😊.

 

Bent paperback covers- Most of the time after I read a paperback, the front cover won’t lay flat. That really bothers me because, like I said, I keep my books in flawless condition. I usually have to keep the cover under another, heavier, hardback book to flatten it again.

 


Let me know if any of these things bother you. Or comment with your own pet peeves!

Comments

  1. Madi Monster???? ������ Love the Gifs! ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently some of my emojis are frowned upon on this site. ��

      Delete
    2. But at least I can still flex the guns on here! ��LOL

      Delete
  2. I pretty much agree with all of these! Specially the Chapter Numbers. I have a 2 year old that loves looking at Chapter Numbers so it gets quite stressful when there aren't any to show her, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Impulse Book Buy Requirements

Book Turn-offs