Why I use the Goodreads link

Today I thought I would explain why, in my reviews, I link the goodreads page of the book.


 For those of you who know my setup you know I link the goodreads summary before I start my non-spoilers section of my review.


I do this because of personal reasons, when I read a review on someone else’s blog, 9 times out of 10, I usually know about the book already. If I read a review, its usually because I want to know what someone thought of a potential read, therefore I have already read the synopsis.


I know it’s ‘traditional’ to include a short summary at the beginning of a review, but I know I don’t like reading those when looking for reviews. I decided to take a shortcut and just include a link to a summary for those who don’t know anything about the book. And besides, Goodreads will probably do a better job of explaining the book anyway (and it’s most likely you will go to the goodreads page to learn more).


So, I thought this was a good way to solve all of these problems without leaving you guys in the dark on what the book is about. This way you can have all the information you need on the book and still have my blog open to read my thoughts on it! 😊



Let me know in the comments below what you guys think about this method and if you like it or not!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Road Trip!

Coffee or Tea with books?

The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd