Reincarnation: remarkable stories of people who recall past lives by Paul Roland




So I couldn't find the synopsis on Goodreads but I assume you can get the gist from the title. Comment if you just really want me to type the back cover for you.


This will be a short review and I won't go through my criteria, because this book is more of a educational book than a fun read. I'm not a big believer in reincarnation, but I thought it would be an interesting topic to learn more about. I'm a very curious person and I love to learn new things so this book was a good read for me to expand my knowledge on the subject. My religion does not include reincarnation in its doctrine so basically all I knew before reading this book is that people's souls are "recycled" (for a lack of a better term) from lifetime to lifetime. People are literally reborn in different bodies after their death. This book explains the origins of reincarnation in each religion and explains that each religion that still believes in reincarnation believes in it in different forms and ways. This book also recounts peoples testimonies of near death experiences (NDE's) and people who claim to remember their past lives. It also explains how some psychologists can "regress" people to remembering their past lives. It includes interviews with psychologists and quotes from authors of other reincarnation books. This author seemed to do good research and has a great foundation for an argument. Some of the stuff in this book was hard to believe and some of it was reasonable and convinced me. I don't agree with everything in this book but it was still nice to read about. If you really just want to learn more about reincarnation then this book is a great place to start, because it poses some great and thoughtful questions.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Road Trip!

Coffee or Tea with books?

The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd