All We Have Is Now by Lisa Schroeder



*NO SPOILERS*


I started this book thinking it will be a story of people helping people, which is great! And it was, but it was so much more than that. This is a powerful piece on regret and what ifs. Lisa does a great job at answering the question “what would you do if you only had 24 hours left?” This book was really moving and got me thinking about all the possibilities there are in life. Its main message is that you will always regret a missed opportunity and that life is too short to waste it. It really came across that you will never know if you don’t try. This book also pointed out that there are multiple issues with our society that we don’t notice until it is too late. I really loved how thought provoking this book was, even though it did tend to seem repetitive. Going into this book I thought it would be a nice beach read that was full of romance, boy was I wrong! I got a book that completely blew my mind and made me take a closer look at the world and humanity as a whole. This book was a crazy adventure, and it was so heartwarming to see the good in humanity in the midst of the bad. Especially with some of the things going on in our world today. I admire all the thought and time put into the creation of this book, it really showed off the author’s hard-work. The originality in this book is so subtle, it’s amazing how she took a standard creative writing prompt and made it into this influential piece. I thought I knew what would happen in this book just by reading the synopsis, but each page had me changing my mind. I liked that it kept me second guessing myself, and how it let me create my own theories as to how it would end. This book didn’t inspire any serious emotions in me, but it did awaken my curiosity. I had to stop and question myself, what would I do in this situation? This book helped me see the beauty in the world and everyday life. We take so many things for granted these days and tell ourselves lies to keep our sense of security. I think that everyone could benefit a lot by learning to let go and seek out the positivity in every ordinary thing. Don’t cry when it rains, be glad it is there to nourish the plant life so that on a sunny day you can admire the flowers. This is such a wonderful story all packaged up in a stunning cover. I congratulate everyone who spent time making this book a reality.


*SPOILER ALERT*


I really hated the bad hands Emerson and Vince were dealt. With the world ending they shouldn’t have had to deal with all of their family troubles. With Vince clinging to his happy memories of his mom and finally being able to be with Emerson, and Emerson eventually reuniting with her family, everything worked out all right. I liked how we got to see Carl’s journey too, he started this whole thing and he finished with them to. I thought it was funny how jealous Emerson got when it came around to helping Kat. I did wish that when she reunited with her family it was something bigger. They just hugged and that was that. I think that her mom was childish and immature for kicking her own daughter out because of her boyfriend. Even when the family was still looking for her she felt that it was a waste of time. I really wished that the world would have ended because then all of their hard work would have paid off. Although, I did like how they all stayed in touch afterwards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Road Trip!

Coffee or Tea with books?

The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd