Be Good Be Real Be Crazy by Chelsey Philpot






*NO SPOILERS*


“For fans of Mosquitoland and Paper Towns” (Goodreads). That is a bunch of lies! Mosquitoland is one of my all-time favorite books and this one was nothing like it. I honestly don’t know how I even finished this book, it was slow in the beginning but I thought it would pick up. I was wrong, I managed to push through to the end, but I was completely bored the whole time. The story itself was supposed to be of a road trip from Florida to somewhere way up north, but there weren’t any adventures. I picked up this book mainly because it was a road trip book. In these types of books, you expect there to be spontaneous stops and awesome adventures, I didn’t get any of that in this book. I wanted a whole lot more from this book. The originality in this book is nonexistent, but I picked it up because I thought it would be like other road trip books I’ve read. This book was also super predictable and made me not want to read it, because I already knew what would happen. This book didn’t make me feel anything but boredom and the characters were flat. They weren’t relatable at all, and seemed to only have one personality trait. Out of all my TBR this one I was the most excited about, and it let me down. Not only was the story uninteresting, the writing style wasn’t for me. The only thing I liked about this book was this one quote: “Human beings are like planets. We have individual orbits that overlap in places, but whether or not we meet at the overlaps is all about timing and chance. But that possibility is enough to keep us spinning in circles.” I was really hoping this would be a light, fun beach read and I would love it, but it wasn’t and I didn’t like it at all. Now, after saying all this doesn’t mean I don’t acknowledge all of the author's time and love that went into this book. Just because I didn’t like it doesn’t undermine the author’s writing ability. I’m sure she is very proud of it, and she should be, it just wasn’t for me. I won’t do a spoiler section because it would just be me complaining about everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Road Trip!

Coffee or Tea with books?

The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd