Impulse Book Buy Requirements

Today I will tell you about some things in a book that make me want to immediately pick it up. Things that you could tell me to get me to buy it without even looking at the book, key words that make think, “Yep, that is my kind of book!”



So, let’s get started!



Fairytale Retelling- I’m a sucker for any fairytale, and when they are re-imagined? Even better! I love to read a new take on the story and see how well they integrated parts of the original by comparing the two works.



Pirates/Sirens- Seriously guys, this is an amazing concept you can do so much with, that is really underappreciated. I love anything to do with these two groups! And if you still aren’t sure about this category, then go read The Pirate King’s Daughter by Tricia Levenseller which has both! 😉



Mental Illness- I love learning about how people deal with different ailments and I like to educate myself on different types of mental illnesses. Unfortunately, there are so many different kinds that vary in severeness, but I think that it is good to read these types of books so that we have a better understanding of someone’s situation. A good example is Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman.



Road Trip- Road trip books are the best, because you get adventure and spontaneous decisions that make the story interesting. I think this plot concept is a hit or miss while reading, but when you read a good one (like Mosquitoland by David Arnold), it is worth it!




That is all I have for today. Tell me your impulse buy requirements in the comments below!

Comments

  1. I know they say not to judge a book by it's cover, but I am guilty. A good cover and/or title will always peak my interest first. I also look at how many star ratings a book has as well as the number of reviews. In the end, I am a sucker for a book set in medieval times and filled with magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! One of my reviewing criteria is the appearance of a book. And I also like reading about medieval times!

      Delete
  2. I am definitely one to judge by a cover. If the cover is beautiful, I will be drawn to it. Specially if it has flowers on the cover. I am a sucker for anything with mythical creatures (particularly fairies), psychics, supernatural mystery and beautiful descriptions of nature. I also love a good King Arthur & Merlin retelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Camelot as well! Have you watched Merlin on Netflix? IT'S SO GOOD!!!! I want to read the Once and Future King by T.H. White, I've heard it's good.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookish Pet Peeves

Book Turn-offs

Father Appreciation Post