Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong






*NO SPOILERS*


This book took me COMPLETELY by surprise and ended up on my “Top 5 2017” list in the sidebar. As a Booktube-a-thon pick, this book has been on the back-burner for quite some time now. And I am so mad at myself for not reading this book when I first got it! Seriously, I will forever hang my head in shame. This book is so easy to read because of the writing style and short chapters, I jumped right in and couldn’t stop reading! Half-way through I even re-searched if there were other books to the series because I was loving it that much! If I read a series I usually buy them all at the same time because I’m a fast reader and don’t like waiting for the next book. Moria is my spirit animal and I just know that we would be best friends! These characters are so easy to relate to and are super compatible together. Everything just fit perfectly! I was also super impressed by the plot and it was exciting to read about something new and fun. When reading I couldn’t figure this book out, I usually guess what would happen or come up with crazy theories, but this book left me in the dark. So each new development was a total surprise to me! Its momentum kept me going to see what would happen next. My emotions were all over the place while reading this book, sometimes I didn’t know whether I should laugh or cry. It didn’t hurt that the cover art was also fantastic! This book has my heart and I don’t want it back. Unfortunately, I don’t have the next books in the series on hand right now, but I will surely remedy that soon!πŸ˜‰



*SPOILER ALERT*



I CALLED IT!!!!! Honestly, I had a bad feeling about Gavin from the start. I even wrote down in my notes that I had disliked him when he first made an appearance. So come to find out he could have been behind it all? I was thrilled that I had predicted at least one thing! It seems totally plausible too, he hates the emperor and he has a bad reputation already, so why not? I liked Ronan though, and I’m really rooting for him and Ashyn to be together. I also loved the bond that the two girls had, I’ve always thought it would be cool to have a twin. The way that the girls and their bonded work together and know each other so well is pretty amazing. I was super proud of all of them for being so brave and helping each other get through this tragedy together, even though Gavin is under suspicion right now. I want to know why the scene with Belaset and the human traffikers was in the book. It was just one more challenge they faced and it really seemed out of place. Why mention the king at all? Couldn’t we have done without that information? I, for one, didn’t see it coming that Gavin’s dad was still alive and a very powerful sorcerer. But like I said, I’ve had a funny feeling about Gavin all along, although I do think he has true feelings for Moria. He has messed all of that up now by lying to her. Let me know if you agree or disagree with any of this in the comments below!



Booktube-A-Thon review series: 4/7

Comments

  1. Hello Madison,
    This is Literacy Art by Iris. I like you blog-spot and the reviews you give to the books you've read. Keep reading, it will take you anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you, I will and I hope you come back to visit my blog sometime! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee or Tea with books?

Book Road Trip!

I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart