Today I want to share with you all some things that make me completely lose interest in a book. Whether I’m in the middle of reading it or I’m just checking out the synopsis, these things are a sure sign of a DNF (Did not finish) book. The Well Thumbed Reader inspired this post! Click on the link to see her blog. Insta-love- I HATE books that the characters fall in “love at first sight.” I don’t believe in that, and will run away from the book and never think of it again. I want the characters to get to know each other first, because I think it makes their story more endearing than when they automatically become boyfriend and girlfriend. sport books- Honestly, I couldn’t care less about sports in reality, so why would I want to read about them? short time spans- I’ll probably contradict myself in this one, but I don’t like it when all the action happens in one day. I want things to be evenly paced, and I don’t want a book that skips too much time, because the...
Today I want to share with you some things that really irk my nerves when reading. Some things just get to me in a book, and here are some examples: Not having chapter numbers - I don’t really have a valid explanation as to why this gets to me, but it does. Sometimes I get motivation to finish a book by calculating how many chapters I have left based on how many chapters there are total. I CAN’T DO THAT WITHOUT CHAPTER NUMBERS!! Not naming the POV’s- If your book has multiple points of view… PLEASE LABEL THEM. I hate having to figure out whose chapters I’m reading. If you don’t make it insanely obvious, please assume I don’t know who is who, okay? Dog-eared pages- This one is pretty self-explanitory. I like to keep my books very pristine and in tip-top shape, so don’t go around messing up the corners of my pages. Unless you want a very angry Madi Monster on your hands 😊 . Bent paperback covers- Most of the time after I read a paperback, ...
Goodreads Summary *NO SPOILERS* This book took me COMPLETELY by surprise and ended up on my “Top 5 2017” list in the sidebar. As a Booktube-a-thon pick, this book has been on the back-burner for quite some time now. And I am so mad at myself for not reading this book when I first got it! Seriously, I will forever hang my head in shame ☹ . This book is so easy to read because of the writing style and short chapters, I jumped right in and couldn’t stop reading! Half-way through I even re-searched if there were other books to the series because I was loving it that much! If I read a series I usually buy them all at the same time because I’m a fast reader and don’t like waiting for the next book. Moria is my spirit animal and I just know that we would be best friends! These characters are so easy to relate to and are super compatible together. Everything just fit perfectly! I was also super impressed by the plot and it was exciting to read about something new and fun. ...
Comments
Post a Comment