Aaru by David Meredith






*NO SPOILERS*


Aaru is truly an awesome gem of a book! I went into this book not knowing much but was very intrigued by the premise. I was a little apprehensive at first because I didn’t really know if I would love it or not, but my fears were unfounded! Reading this book was such a pleasure and it is one of those that really makes you think without being overly philosophical and boring. The only problem I had throughout the entirety of this book was that some of the language was really big words I had no idea what they meant, but that gave me the opportunity to learn some new vocabulary. I really liked the topic exploration of death, and how our world and lives would change if technology were to evolve enough to actually store our souls. I haven’t ever read a book like this, and I admire its uniqueness. There were some parts here and there that I could predict certain outcomes, but it didn’t take away from the story. Koren and Rose were so relatable and human that it made me instantly fall in love with both of them! I liked reading both of their perspectives because not only did you get to see how they dealt in the real world, but also how Rose perceived Aaru. I cried a lot throughout this book because of the situation these girls are put in, but that is a good thing because I love books that can move me emotionally. I really enjoyed this book but I don’t like the cover. You all know how much I dislike having a person’s face on the cover of a book. I wished I could have read it quicker to see what happened in the story, but school has taken away my every waking moment (as always). I would definitely encourage you to go check this book out!


*SPOILER ALERT*



MY BABY KOREN!!! NO. Man I was so mad that Magic Man took her and put her through that trauma! How about I do some magic too and make him disappear! It got worse in the afterwards when he escaped and he was just chilling in a café somewhere. I’m glad rose helped stop him though and am extremely grateful that she had Aaru to reside in. The sisters should have never been separated. Death is a nasty business, and especially since they are so close. I’m glad that they didn’t lose each other. I think that Koren’s parents were pretty crappy for not being more involved and there for her more often. This should have been for the whole family not just Koren. I hated that Kiku died but I had already suspected that she was the reality version of Hana. This book was definitely a roller coaster ride of emotions. My last thought is that Rose and Franco are just adorable! My ship has already sailed for them. 😊


DISCLAIMER:

In accordance with the FTC guidelines regarding endorsements and testimonials for bloggers, I would like my readers to know that this book I reviewed was provided to me for free from the author Davis Meredith for an honest review. I am in no way compensated for this review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee or Tea with books?

Book Road Trip!

I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart