Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer








Fans of Kasie West’s P.S. I Like You, and Ava Dellaira’s Love Letters to the Dead, will love this book! I bought this book from BookOutlet because it seemed mildly interesting, and so I could brag that I bought 14 books for $42 (that dang boxing day sale, am I right?) I fully went into this purchase expecting this book to look pretty on my shelves for two years, but I just so happened to read the right book before it. So when I finished Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger I was looking for something similar, you know the whole “anonymous correspondence” trope. I found it in this book – because duh, the title- and absolutely loved it! But boy did this book make me cry, only at the very end though, so you’re safe readers who hate sad books (I’m talking to you mom). Mostly I was smiling like a crazy woman reading about this adorable love story. There are some clichés in this book, but they are good clichés. Don’t tell me you hate them, clichés are the foundations of life! 😂 Since I was so swept up in this book I realize I didn’t keep my mind on and try to be a detective that predicts every possible outcome to the story. Which was a nice change that let me be a little more relaxed while reading this book. I felt like these characters were real and had a really good connection.  All of them were dynamic well-rounded characters (Thank you Ms. Berquist) that were really easy to read about and sympathize with. This cover was a really simple but elegant and pretty cover so bonus points there! The only area I would take off for is the originality aspect. But like I said, this book is like a really good reality tv show, you know you shouldn’t love it but you just cant help it!

P.S. If you go to the sidebar you can find this book (and others) on my "Top 5 2018" list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Turn-offs

Impulse Book Buy Requirements

Bookish Facts About Me!